What is an Employee Wellness Program?
It's a program that supports and promotes the health, safety and well-being of it's employees.
The Benefits of an Employee Wellness Program:
- Greater Productivity
- Reduced healthcare costs
- Improve morale
- Improved job satisfaction and less stress
What are some of the components of a Wellness Program?
- Wellness newsletter
- Health Risk Assessments
- Health Screenings
- Workshops on wellness issues
- Walking groups
- Fitness classes
- Smoking cessation classes
- Incentives like water bottles, insulated lunch bags, tote bags, stress balls, pedometers
- Design an employee "Healthy Recipes" book
Simple Ways to Get Started!
- Offer healthier choices in vending machines
- Encourage physical activity during breaks
- Design posters to encourage involvement and offer rewards
- Notify employees by hosting a kickoff event, display posters and flyers in break rooms, or include a payroll stuffer.
- Pick a date to implement the program.
- Evaluate the program. This can be as simple as a review with your advisory committee or survey employees to get more of a primary response.
If you have more questions on how to start or implement a wellness program in your office, contact us today!