Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Laminated Cotton Tiny Lunch Tote

I'm looking forward to getting started on the insulated Tiny Tote for my daughter to take on her first day of second grade next month.  I found some cute laminated cotton fabric at my favorite specialty sewing shop in North Tampa, Keep Me in Stitches.  They have a fabulous selection of quality cotton modern fabrics that reinvent and modernize the "traditional" craft of sewing.  They also offer classes for all levels and inspiration for your first or next project!


Laminated cotton is softer than vinyl but is just as easy to wipe clean after a day's use with a damp cloth.  I should have enough fabric to make 2 or 3 of the totes (providing all goes well!), so I might list a couple of them in my shop on Etsy.  I plan on adding a mongogram on my daughter's tote so that it's personlized but doesn't "scream out" her name because you never can be too careful these days!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home